12.11.2008

Recent Craft Trades

I've had a great time the past couple months attending and selling in various craft fairs. I've had even more fun meeting other local crafters, and I've been even luckier to trade handmade goods with some of them.

At the top of my list is my good friend Georgia down the street at Yarn Pirate. I met her at La Leche League right after our boys were born. She was generous enough to trade some of her beautiful hand spun, hand dyed yarn. I'm still dreaming about what to knit with these. It has to be something special.
How cute is her little boy?!


Another one of my favorite trades was with local artist Greg Hartman of The Painted Perception. You can find him at the Freemont Market every Sunday. I fancy several of his paintings, especially this one. But the one that spoke to me the most was this interpretation of the Chinese Zodiac. It told me to take it home and hang it on my walls. I love the colors, the culture, and of course the animals.


I also took home this cute little picture frame made by Allie. It's handmade, the designs burned into it, then hand painted. Pretty cute isn't it? At this same fair, I met Anne of Tenuki Handcrafts. She graciously traded some of her lovely hand spun, hand dyed yarn.


Finally, last weekend was Urban Craft Uprising in Downtown Seattle. My favorite vendors were Betsy of Intertwined Designs and the Spinsters at Spincycle Yarns. It was a tough decision, but I settled on the hemp skirt and this yarn.

Cheers to supporting Indie Crafters.

No comments: