6.08.2011

White Bread Rolls



There's this really good Italian restaurant at home in California named D'Aurilios, and they serve the best bread. I once asked for the recipe as was given a vague description with enormous proportions like "a couple handfuls of salt, about 3/4 of a 50 pound bag of flour, several cups of yeast", etc. I recently worked the recipe down to workable proportions and came up with this little recipe here. And although it tastes nothing like D'Aurilios bread, it's still a pretty good go-to recipe for white dinner rolls. They aren't the best rolls I've ever had, but they are easy to make, and tasty.

Dissolve:
1T yeast
4 T sugar
2 1/2 C water

Add:
2T vegetable oil
1T salt

Knead in:
6-8 C flour

Let rise till double. Punch down, form into rolls. Let rise again until double. Bake at 375 degrees until done.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

pencilfox said...

WAIT: save one for me!!! i shall be right over: i shall bring the tea!
*love*

MrsLittleJeans said...

I will try this one...I think I can...hello marie : )