6.15.2011

Etsy Barters









Whatever happened to the bartering system? In the artist and crafting world, I feel it's still a wonderful way to conduct transactions. I'm contacted every now and then by other Etsy shop owners who would like to barter. I always accept, even if it's something I'm not that interested in.

In the case recently, I've been thrilled with the barters I've been part of! This darling little bird mobile comes from the shop Red or Gray Art. Her work is fantastic! So unique, creative and thoughtful. I can't express enough how thrilled I was with receiving her package. The quality and attention to detail was fabulous! I'm also inspired by the calmness her work brings me. Just looking through her photos and listings brings me a sense of peace.

I've also been over the moon with these birch tree candle holders. I want them all over my home!! These came from Urban + Forest. I'm inspired by the stillness and tranquility I feel from their shop and would welcome another barter with them anytime.

6 comments:

eidolons said...

I love bartering, too. I'm usually too shy to approach people, though. :/

natalie said...

bartering IS such a good system! before i moved, i was always bartering with women around me for kombucha brewing supplies, perennial plants, seeds, knitted pieces, etc. to extend that into the internet world is such a great idea, amber. love those candles, too. ps. did you see the photo of your seeds? planted them yesterday! thanks so much :)

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

I'm trying this again as I hit publish before reading my jumbled comment :)
I am a huge fan of bartering. I hope one day it will become common place here. Those birch candle holders are beautiful!

coco said...

very cozy candle scene!

ELK said...

thank you .. I am so happy with the sweet aroma of my candle ... so happy to have found you and i love that this part of the homemade movement is alive and well~ blessings friend