4.26.2011

Leaf Skeletons








Aside from bringing home pine cones, sea shells, rocks, sticks, worms, and anything else Burl finds along our walks, we've been gathering leaf skeletons. There are several tutorials online on how to prepare your own, but they involve chemicals and tedious work. I've learned that if you look hard enough you'll be able to find them all on your own, just outside. I find them under hydrangea and camellia bushes during Fall, Winter and early Spring.

I've been tucking these little leaves into gifts and samples and other things that I give away. I think they'd look pretty in a simple frame as well. Happy Hunting!

3 comments:

heather smith jones said...

Gorgeous and so, so special Amber. I love how you do things with such care.

Sonia / COZY MEMORIES said...

I've also been finding lots in our local botanical garden. What a smart idea to use them with the wrapping of your order !
I hope you're doing fine.
oxox

bridgmanpottery said...

very lovely. someday, I'll have cash flow again and can place an order. . .