5.26.2011

Thank you, Banana Bread, and A Few Details


My go-to recipe, Heather's Banana Bread. It's by far the best I've tried. I make it at least once a week, and it always gets devoured. I double it, which makes three large loaves. It's wonderful on it's own, but I add a little cinnamon and vanilla, because I love spice! And substitutes for the dairy work great.


May I take a moment to thank you all for your kind words? I love reading your comments, and appreciate your support of my blog more than I'm able to express. Regarding my woven fence post from Monday, some of you have emailed me with questions. Here are a few more details:
  • The posts are about 2-3 inches in circumference which I cut to about 3 feet in length.
  • I dug the holes about 9-12 inches with a small post hold digger, then buried the posts with just dirt.
  • The rails are fresh-cut, green branches that were still pliable. Fallen branches would be too brittle to bend and mold.
  • I have since tied the branches to the posts with garden twine, just to stabilize it a bit more.
  • The finished fence is only about 1-2 feet tall, just enough to keep my critters at bay.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for sharing the Banana Bread recipe. I'm not thrilled with my recipe. Not bad, but not "wow" either. I'll try this one soon!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog while blog hopping this morning! Such fun! Love your woven fence. I always love the simple beauty but completely practical and functional of those fences!
~Tracey

coco said...

I just found your site by accidnet but I am glad. So lovely photos!

Julie Marie said...

Love the first photo. so cute.