8.30.2012

My Boys





I'm starting a very casual, informal homeschooling program with Burl.  I've been thinking about the different interests my boys have and how I can help encourage the development of their natural talents.  I thought I'd share a little bit about each of them.

Burl: 
Loves numbers (counting, adding, taking away, putting a quantity on things, "Mommy, I love you 63, 64, and 65 one hundreds.  Is that a lot?"), bugs, animals (especially kitties), destroying things (shredding paper with scissors, whacking blackberry vines with sticks, stabbing holes in cardboard boxes, ripping paper and books, etc.), hero/ villain relationships, making up stories with me (we each make up a part and add on to the other's), pirates, climbing things as high as he can go, throwing balls.

Bodhi:
Balls, women, water (swimming, playing, and drinking), baby animals, forts!, anything that gets him to smile and laugh, dirt, sand, bugs.
Enjoy your day, Friends!

1 comment:

pencilfox said...

such sweetness and individualities....
how wonderful that you honour and nuture each son.