10.04.2011

Nights Like Tonight


..Thank goodness for the Mei Tai. Tonight I had a baby who just. wanted. to nurse. And a toddler who wouldn't eat dinner because he just. wanted. candy. And a husband who was exhausted from working all day, doing all he could to help me, but I knew just. wanted. to relax.

Here's a little something I'm learning about accomplishing things with two little ones:
Make a list of what you'd like to get done that day. Right away, cross off half, because there's no way as much as what I'd like to get done will actually get done. Of the remaining half, realisitcally know that I'm lucky if I get half of that half done. That's right. These days I'm running on 1/4 pace.

Cheers to being a mama with multiple children! By the way, I'm loving every. single. minute of it. Messy house and all.

4 comments:

ELK said...

you have the right idea ..keep it up ..you are doing an amazing job!!

pencilfox said...

you make so much sense. always.

Unknown said...

Right on. This is such great advice. I always have high expectations of what I'll get done in any given day, but most often I get maybe a 1/4 of it done. And that's when I pad the list with things like, "Give Mira extra snuggles today." Stuff that I would have done regardless. :-P

Kirsty @ Bowerbird Blue said...

I have the get one thing done in the day and be glad for it rule, anything else is a bonus.