11.01.2010

And The Winner Is...



Tonya, of Plain and Joyful Living.

I want to thank ALL who donated, I had so many wonderful comments. So many wonderful friends, so much support I feel here in my little blog. My heart is full. I appreciate you allowing me to be myself and express just who I am. And I appreciate having your support for the causes that are dear to my heart.

The plans are rolling ahead for our weekend getaway to Forks, Wa. to assist Olympic Animal Sanctuary. I plan on camping out in a motor home with Burl, my mom and our dogs for the weekend. My mom and I will take turns entertaining Burl and working with the rest of the group. My mom traveled down to New Orleans with me in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to help with the animal rescue efforts there. So she and I are accustomed to roughing it together for the sake of the animals.

Thank you again to all who donated to the animals of Olympic Animal Sanctuary! Tomorrow, I'm spending the day volunteering with my dear friend, Dr. Brad Cauer who is the medical director of the Seattle Humane Society. We're working a low-cost Spay/ Neuter day and hope to alter 200+ cats! It's going to be a loooong and rewarding day. See you later this week, my friends. Xo.

2 comments:

sk said...

Wow! You are my hero!
Have a great weekend, I hope everything goes really well for you guys.

Tonya Gunn said...

This is so exciting. I am truly moved and plan to pay the giving forward.
Thank you! and thank you for all of your work for the animals.


Warm wishes, Tonya