7.17.2009

An Afternoon Alone


With Alex home from work yesterday, and Burl napping, I found myself with a couple of rare hours to myself. So in the sweltering heat, without air conditioning and stuck in the thick of mid-day Seattle traffic without my little carpool buddy, I made my way down to Weaving Works. I've been researching spinning wheels for an upcoming purchase. I'm so, so very excited about learning to spin, because what I really need is just one more hobby :).


My next stop was the bookstore. Telling myself that I'd stay away from the children's isle, and after browsing the craft section and coming up empty handed, I found myself thumbing through board and picture books. The only things I came home with yesterday were a couple of new Dr. Sears books.

It's ironic, when he's fussy and being difficult, it's so easy to think "Ahhh! I wish I could just get away!" But when I am away from him, I long to be near him and can't wait to get home to squeeze him. Motherhood.

2 comments:

Llama Wanderings said...

I'm the same way, when I'm away from Millikins!

Natalie said...

Isn't that how it always is. I feel the same way. But it makes us appreciate both, getting our own time and being with our sweet kids!!!