1.10.2012

Oscar




Meet Oscar. He's my family's Amazon Parrot. We got him when I was six, when he was just a freshly hatched little fledgling without any feathers. My mom fed him blended apple, spinach and monkey chow through a red ketchup bottle. He'd see that red bottle coming and he'd get all excited and start squawking and flapping his little wings.

Throughout the years, he's been just another member of the family. His sweet noises, the songs he sings, his whistles and squawks, they all sound like home to me.

My parents are on a little trip which means we have the pleasure to have him stay in our home for a bit. The sun is shining today, my living room is warm and Oscar is whistling and singing his little heart out right now.

I hope you're enjoying your day, friends!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Wow Amber, I can't believe Oscar is still around! I remember him when I was a little girl. It's fun to see what you are up to. Your boys are beautiful and you make motherhood look grand. Love to you!