1.10.2009

A New Year


I don't usually do resolutions. I have several goals I work on throughout the year, and Alex is good at helping me stay on track with most of them.

For the past few months a new goal of mine has been to actually finish more of the projects that I start. For one reason or another - boredom, frustration, or a new project stealing my interest - I drop what I'm working on and move on to something else. I just discovered some quilts I started over 15 years ago. 15 years, that's practically half my life.

But there is pleasure to be found in re-discovering a forgotten project. It's fun to pick up right where you left off. And sometimes it feels like starting a new project all over, but without having to spend the money on the materials or do the prep work.

So I'm not sure how well I'll do at keeping this goal, because a big part of me enjoys the thrill of rediscovery. And really, how many people/ crafters/ artists do you know that just work on one thing at a time?

So here's to 2009, a year of starting new, and rediscovering the not so new. And hopefully finishing a project or two.

No comments: